We'll take this one day at a time. Yes, there is a worry that she will be made fun of; that she will be unhappy with her condition; that she will face discrimination... the worries could go on and on. But it won't all happen at the same time and it won't be tomorrow. There is time. Time to educate ourselves and prepare her to some degree; to instill in her a sense of pride in who she is and her worthiness. Just as we would do if she were of average height.
So, tonight I'm focusing on what I can do for Belalu.
- You will have a strong sense of self-worth. You will be loved by friends and family, and you will know you have a place in the world with people who couldn't imagine it without you.
- You will know where you come from. There will be places that will shape your identity with their landscapes, their memories, their smells and sounds. You will belong to these places.
- You will discover your passions, and they will help you to know joy and satisfaction throughout your life.
- You will be compassionate and empathetic, because you will know suffering.
- You will be strong and hopeful, because you will have overcome it.