NOTE: Please do not use any images from this blog without my permission. Thank you!

Thursday, April 4, 2013

In My Kitchen this Winter

 
I swear the only way I've gotten through winter is chai tea (recipe from the Indian cookbook I got for Christmas) and cardamom bread with Trader Joe's fig spread. It's been my weekend treat.


Lots and lots of veggie soups. An old favorite: potato leek
 
A new obsession: roasted garlic and cauliflower with cheddar accompanied by sweet potato fries. 


My other obsession this winter: popcorn. I cannot get enough. I've been enjoying these two recipes a few times a week:

 

As part of my Year of the House project, I've been working on keeping the kitchen more in order. Since the kids were born, I've been good at keeping the house picked up and vacuumed, but there are things that often get overlooked or I just have a hard time finding space in the day to do. I'm working on incorporating these things back into my regular cleaning maintenance. It's been working so far; we'll see if I can keep it up! I've been feeling good since my spring cleaning. When my house is in order, life just seems to flow better. It can't hurt that B is finally sleeping the whole night through, which means I am, too. Oh, and the snow is finally melting outside. 

April so far is promising to be much better than March.






1 comment:

  1. Love chai tea also, great pictures :)


    www.vindiebaby.com
    Vintage Inspired Girls

    ReplyDelete