NOTE: Please do not use any images from this blog without my permission. Thank you!

Monday, February 18, 2013

The Toys

Recently I felt a bit overwhelmed by all our stuff. I have mentioned how I'm working on systematically eliminating/ organizing things, but I was really intimidated by the toy situation. I don't think we have a ridiculous amount of toys or anything, but I just wasn't sure how to organize them.


A few weekends back I just had enough and one evening told E we were going to organize his toys. He got really, really, excited, which I took to mean he did not understand what that meant, but he got into it. Until things started re-appearing that he hadn't seen in a while, because they had been buried in the toy basket for a couple of months. Then he just played with his toys while I finished up. The next morning, when Belalu woke up, it was like she had a whole new set of toys- things she couldn't have played with or wouldn't have been interested in a few months ago.


I ended up grouping things together in baskets, so all the animals are together, all the cars, all the puzzles, all the dress-up clothes are in the big basket. It makes it easy for them to help put stuff away and they have been playing so much together now.


I put away all the "baby" stuff, too, because suddenly, there are no babies in our house. As of today, we have a 1.5 year old toddler. How did that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment