NOTE: Please do not use any images from this blog without my permission. Thank you!

Monday, July 21, 2014

Sorry for the Silence

I've been away from this blog for a long time, but I think I'm ready to get back into it. Last fall and spring I stopped spending so much of my free time on the Internet. I used it enough at work, and I realized that I didn't want to also use it in the evenings after the kids went to bed. I wanted to knit, sew, read, cook... things that gave me creative satisfaction.

The other reason, that goes along with this shift, is that I stopped needing it as much. I started this blog as a way to work through my thoughts and emotions when Belalu got diagnosed, and that need slowly became less urgent. She has been healthy and her development has been progressing normally, so I haven't been as worried about her.

However, I also created this blog to reach out to others who were perhaps grappling with the same news we got two years ago, and I hope that doesn't change. Hypochondroplasia is so rare, there are few places to find info about it. My information, of course, is personal, not medical, but I still remember searching for that personal experience when I found out. So, I want to continue to record our experiences here.

Here are Belalu and Essie on a trip we took to the National Eagle Center in May.




1 comment:

  1. Welcome back!! The kids are growing up way too fast!!!! I understand about being on the internet..... I fall behind with my blog also ��

    ReplyDelete