NOTE: Please do not use any images from this blog without my permission. Thank you!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sick

The weekend was good. I didn't make any bread and kept forgetting to get the Earl Grey tea for the chai, but E, Belalu, and I made the blueberry cornmeal cake from The Smitten Kitchen and last night J and I had a delicious meal of chicken curry and mushrooms that tasted as yummy as anything we could get for takeout, if our town actually offered Indian takeout.

Unfortunately, I also saw it necessary to make a batch of the Influenza Rx sorbet from Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams, because the kids and I are sick. I'm hoping it's just a nasty cold and not the flu, but we just got the shot last week, so it could be either.

We had lovely weather Fri and Saturday, so even got out for a couple of walks. Now it's insanely frigid and I just want to hibernate until April. I'm really glad I got ahead on the meal planning this weekend. I hope weather where you are is warmer than here, and your week is going well. Stay healthy!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear you guys are feeling sick! :( hope you recover quickly!

    P.S. the pantry looks great! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete